Recipe by chia
this is a lighter soup,from cooking light, and i do like to garnish it with baked tortilla strips and crema.
Top Review by plant-gal
YUMMY!!! I am on a strict cleansing diet and this hit the spot!!! I only pureed half of the soup because I like the texture of whole beans in my soup. Otherwise followed the recipe and it was great! Making a double batch tonight!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- sliced green onion (optional)
- corn tortilla strips (to garnish) (optional) or chips (to garnish) (optional)
- crema (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add celery, minced onion, bell pepper, and carrot. Cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and the next 4 ingredients (through black pepper); sauté 3 minutes.
- Add broth, water, and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Place half of soup in a blender, and process until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining soup. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.