Black Bean Soup (South Beach Diet Phase 1)
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add scallions, celery, garlic, cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper, Cook, stirring occasinally until vegetables soften.
- Add cans of black beans, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer 2 cups of soup to a blender and process until smooth. Return soup to pan and stir to combine.
- Return to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes longer. season with lime juice, and adjust seasonings.
- Serve with hot pepper sauce and sliced scallions on the side (not in ingredients).