1/1 Photo of Black Bean Soup (Sopa De Frijoles Negros)
Black beans are a part of the staple food in Mexico.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place beans with liquid and chicken broth in blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You can leave part of the beans whole if you wish, it gives a nice texture.
- 2Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic: cook for 1-2 or until the onion is tender. Add beans, salsa, lime juice, cumin and red pepper.
- 3Bring to boil and reduce heat to low, cover. Cook while stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes.
- 4Serve with a drizzle of youghurt, and garnish with chopped red onion and fresh cilantro.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Soup (Sopa De Frijoles Negros)
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.0
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 526.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 8.3 g