- 24 ounces black beans (3 cans)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 16 ounces salsa
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- Place beans with liquid and chicken broth in blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You can leave part of the beans whole if you wish, it gives a nice texture.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic: cook for 1-2 or until the onion is tender. Add beans, salsa, lime juice, cumin and red pepper.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to low, cover. Cook while stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of youghurt, and garnish with chopped red onion and fresh cilantro.