Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an adaptation of several recipes. Its great for all those people on diets, because its high in fiber, with almost no fat.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- chopped cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
- Saute the onion, mushrooms, and garlic in a small amount of oil.
- Add the diced tomatoes and broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes until the onion is tender.
- Stir in the black beans and seasonings, and serve.