Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe source: local newspaper
- 3 (15 ounce) canslow sodium black beans, divided
- 1 chipotle sauce from cnned chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 teaspoons sauce from cnned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- In a blender combine 1 can of beans, broth, chipotle and sauce and puree for 30 seconds or until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium high heat heat oil and teh add onions and peppers; cooking until soft (10 minutes). Stir in garlic and cumin and cook another minute.
- Stir in broth, reserved black bean puree and remaining black beans; bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium low and cook for another 10 minutes or until soup is thick and hot.
- Divide soup among bowls and top with sour cream, tomatoes and cilantro.
I did make 1 exception to this.. I used a full green pepper, instead of 1/2 red, and 1/2 green. Very filling soup, very flavorful, and enjoyed. Made for a great side with dinner. Made for New Zaar tag.