1 hr 20 mins
I modified, combined, and customized the top 5 black bean soup recipes on this site, because of the major modifications and because it was so good, I thought I'd post here for my reference. Maybe someone else would like this too?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 5 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 fresh lime, juice only for garnish
- 3 -4 cups chicken stock
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon mesquite powder (specialty spice purchase)
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- 3 slices smoked bacon (to garnish, thick slices)
- 7 chicken andouille sausages
- 1Saute Bacon in a soup pot to release fat and crisp bacon. Remove bacon drain on paper towel. Leave in fat if only a Tbl or two. Remove excess grease.
- 2Saute andouille sausage to release fat and crisp. Remove from pot and drain on paper towel. Remove all but 1 - 2 Tbl grease.
- 3Sweat (on low saute) all veggies in pot for about 15 minutes.
- 4Add back in sausage, drained and rinsed black beans, tomatoes, broth and spices.
- 5Boil, then reduce to simmer about an hour -- till flavors meld.
- 6Puree part (leave some chunks) of the pot using an immersion blender or a regular blender.
- 7Mix back in crisped bacon.
- 8Serve with lime juice, cilantro and a dash of sour cream if you like.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.2
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.0 mg
- Sodium 455.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.8 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: