Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Simple and healthy soup. Great with garlic toast and a salad.
Make and share this Black Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Drain beans and add to stockpot with stock.
- Bring to boil. Skim off any access foam and discard.
- Add bay leaves, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, and potatoes. Bring back to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 45-50 minutes.
- Remove 2 cups of soup and puree then add back to pot.
- Add salt and continue to cook, covered, 20 to 30 minutes more.
- Garnish with cilantro.