- 1 cup dried black beans, soaked overnight
- 6 cups stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh cilantro (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain beans and add to stockpot with stock.
- Bring to boil. Skim off any access foam and discard.
- Add bay leaves, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, and potatoes. Bring back to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 45-50 minutes.
- Remove 2 cups of soup and puree then add back to pot.
- Add salt and continue to cook, covered, 20 to 30 minutes more.
- Garnish with cilantro.