Recipe by DianaC in Liberty Twp, OH
An easy to make, hearty soup that keeps you satisfied for hours. From Brenda Watson's, The Fiber35 Diet. My toddlers like it too!
Top Review by *Parsley*
Healthy, tasty and filling! I thought this nicely seasoned. I did cut the chili powder down to 1/2 tsp and made up the other 1/2 tsp with cumin. I took my immersion blender and gave it just a 2-second whiz just to thicken it a little. This is a keeper; thanx!
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml celery, diced
- 118.29 ml onion, minced
- 59.14 ml green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml fresh black pepper
- 473.18 ml vegetable broth
- 236.59 ml water
- 3 (1275.72 g) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium stockpot over medium heat.
- Add celery, minced onion, and bell pepper.
- Cook about 10 minutes until tender.
- Add garlic and next 4 ingredients; cook 3 more minutes.
- Add broth, water, beans, and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15-30 minutes.