Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy to make, hearty soup that keeps you satisfied for hours. From Brenda Watson's, The Fiber35 Diet. My toddlers like it too!
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml celery, diced
- 118.29 ml onion, minced
- 59.14 ml green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml fresh black pepper
- 473.18 ml vegetable broth
- 236.59 ml water
- 3 (1275.72 g) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- Heat oil in medium stockpot over medium heat.
- Add celery, minced onion, and bell pepper.
- Cook about 10 minutes until tender.
- Add garlic and next 4 ingredients; cook 3 more minutes.
- Add broth, water, beans, and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15-30 minutes.
Healthy, tasty and filling! I thought this nicely seasoned. I did cut the chili powder down to 1/2 tsp and made up the other 1/2 tsp with cumin. I took my immersion blender and gave it just a 2-second whiz just to thicken it a little. This is a keeper; thanx!