1/1 Photo of Black Bean Soup
DianaC in Liberty Twp, OH's Note:
An easy to make, hearty soup that keeps you satisfied for hours. From Brenda Watson's, The Fiber35 Diet. My toddlers like it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1Heat oil in medium stockpot over medium heat.
- 2Add celery, minced onion, and bell pepper.
- 3Cook about 10 minutes until tender.
- 4Add garlic and next 4 ingredients; cook 3 more minutes.
- 5Add broth, water, beans, and tomatoes.
- 6Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.9
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 659.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 31.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: