An easy to make, hearty soup that keeps you satisfied for hours. From Brenda Watson's, The Fiber35 Diet. My toddlers like it too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Heat oil in medium stockpot over medium heat.
- Add celery, minced onion, and bell pepper.
- Cook about 10 minutes until tender.
- Add garlic and next 4 ingredients; cook 3 more minutes.
- Add broth, water, beans, and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15-30 minutes.
Healthy, tasty and filling! I thought this nicely seasoned. I did cut the chili powder down to 1/2 tsp and made up the other 1/2 tsp with cumin. I took my immersion blender and gave it just a 2-second whiz just to thicken it a little. This is a keeper; thanx!