Recipe by David Deephanphongs
I got this recipe from a friend of mine. Be sure not to over-reduce the soup, as it can get very salty. Serve over rice or noodles.
Top Review by Charlie Rush
Great recipe! I liked the addition of thyme, but limited the amount of oregano, as it is not my favorite. As BEANS are one of my favorites, I added more of them. Thanks for a healthy recipe.
- 1 onion, chopped (medium to large)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 4 cups broth
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- thyme (to taste)
- oregano (to taste)
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (or other cheese of choice)