Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
There are many similar recipes for this soup on Zaar, but this one is slightly different from them. It is quick & easy. My toddler loves it. I serve it with corn bread. I use dried beans, I soak & cook them, store them in a container & freeze for later use.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained, & divided
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Combine 1 can of beans, broth salsa & cumin in blender, blend 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan or crockpot and add the other can of beans.
- Cook over medium heat (or on high for crockpot) about 7 - 8 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Serve with sour cream.