Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy, Black bean soup!
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large pot combine first five ingredients. Allow to simmer for 1o minutes.
- Add 1/2 a can of black beans, salt and cumin. Let cook for five minutes.
- Puree contents of pot. Return to pot.
- Add the remaining beans to soup.
- Combine cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl.
- Add the cornstarch mix and lemon juice to soup and continue to cook until thickened.