It was a snowy day today and there wasn't mch food in the house but I came up with this version of a black bean soup. The ingredients where what I had on hand, I'm sure that adding more or less of something or other vegetables to suit ones likings would be fine. I did all my spices to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cilantro
- 1Sautee the onion, carrot, and garlic in oil in a large pot until onion is soft.
- 2Add water and boullion cube, bring to a boil.
- 3Add corn and chillis and sir.
- 4Add the tomatoes and the chilli powder at this point. Stir.
- 5Add the black bean and remaining spices and give a stir. Cover and let simmer 30 minutes.
- 6For a thicker soup you could add some cornstarch.
- 7Top with scallions, cheese, avocado -- .
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 16.5 g