Recipe by quilting lady
High fiber, low fat.
Top Review by annroberts54
Nice, quick and easy. I was so pleased when I found a recipe that included all things I had on hand. You could even use dried black beans if you planned the day ahead and got them soaked and cooked til they were about the same firmness of canned. I never would have given a thought to pureeing the black beans and am glad to have had the idea given to me.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped (use fresh)
- 24 ounces salsa
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 2 cans beans with liquid and chicken broth in food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spray large fry pan with olive oil Pam.
- Cook onion & garlic over med-high heat, 5-minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Add bean mixture, other can of beans-undrained, salsa, lime juice, cumin & red pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with 2 Tbsp light sour cream (optional).
- This would add 1-extra point.