1/4 Photos of Black Bean Soup
Wendy Gerhard's Note:
This is yummy, and can be made as healthy or unhealthy as you like by using full ingredients, or substituting low fat, low sodium items.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Before beginning, drain and rinse two of the cans of black beans and set aside.
- 2Using a potato masher, mash up the remaining can of beans with the juice.
- 3Add the salsa and cumin to the mashed beans and set aside.
- 4In your pot, combine the broth, water and onion, and bring to a boil.
- 5Simmer till onions are tender.
- 6Add the rinsed and mashed beans and stir well.
- 7Simmer at a low heat for half an hour or so.
- 8Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.3
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1459.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 41.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 44.0 g