This is yummy, and can be made as healthy or unhealthy as you like by using full ingredients, or substituting low fat, low sodium items.
- Before beginning, drain and rinse two of the cans of black beans and set aside.
- Using a potato masher, mash up the remaining can of beans with the juice.
- Add the salsa and cumin to the mashed beans and set aside.
- In your pot, combine the broth, water and onion, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer till onions are tender.
- Add the rinsed and mashed beans and stir well.
- Simmer at a low heat for half an hour or so.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.