Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My kids love dipping the chips in the soup! It's healthy and yummy! The cumin gives it a South American flair but it can go with virtually anything.
- 4 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (per bowl)
- rice chips or tortilla chips
- In large pot, saute the garlic and onions in the oil until soft.
- In a blender, blend the black beans, rice, and chicken stock together until partially blended (leave little lumpy). Add the the blended bean mixture to the sauteed garlic and onions.
- Add the apple juice, cumin, oregano, and salt and pepper to the pot.
- Cook over medium heat 20 minutes or until heated through while stirring occasionally. Can cook longer for additional melding of flavors.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream per bowl and chips for dipping (if desired).
We've made this soup three times now and love it! My kids will only eat it as "dip", but at least they eat it! I use less onion, but that's my personal preference, otherwise I follow the recipe as written. The sour cream is a really nice touch. Thanks for a great soup, and so easy to make!