Recipe by scratchcook
My kids love dipping the chips in the soup! It's healthy and yummy! The cumin gives it a South American flair but it can go with virtually anything.
Top Review by susan_k09
We've made this soup three times now and love it! My kids will only eat it as "dip", but at least they eat it! I use less onion, but that's my personal preference, otherwise I follow the recipe as written. The sour cream is a really nice touch. Thanks for a great soup, and so easy to make!
- 4 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (per bowl)
- rice chips or tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, saute the garlic and onions in the oil until soft.
- In a blender, blend the black beans, rice, and chicken stock together until partially blended (leave little lumpy). Add the the blended bean mixture to the sauteed garlic and onions.
- Add the apple juice, cumin, oregano, and salt and pepper to the pot.
- Cook over medium heat 20 minutes or until heated through while stirring occasionally. Can cook longer for additional melding of flavors.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream per bowl and chips for dipping (if desired).