Recipe by Tony Bozzi
From Cooking Light Magazine. Top this soup with a dollop of sour cream and/or chopped green onions.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- sliced green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add celery, minced onion, bell pepper, and carrot. Cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and the next 4 ingredients (through black pepper); saute 3 minutes.
- Add broth, water, and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Puree soup with blender or immersion blender.
- Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.