Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A hearty and very yummy soup. Perfect for the winter months
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, Diced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, Diced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, Diced
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 quarts canned black beans, Not Drained
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, Ground
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, small dice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a medium stock pot, place the olive oil, onion, carrot, and bell pepper.
- Saute the vegetables until they are tender.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil, add the bouillon cubes, and allow to dissolve.
- Add the bouillon, cooked beans, and the remaining ingredients, except, cornstarch and 2 tablespoon water, to the vegetables.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cook approximately 15 minutes.
- In a blender, puree 1 quart of the soup, and put back into the pot.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water.
- Add the cornstarch mix to the soup and bring to a boil for 1 minute.