Recipe by LMillerRN
A fiesta of flavors serve with tortilla chips or corn bread for a filling meal.
Top Review by KP in Canada
LOVED this!! I used Recipe #81059 for the salsa, and otherwise followed the recipe to a tee...in the end, though, I threw everything into my crockpot. It has been cooking on low for about 30 minutes, and I just sampled it. Fantastic! To everyone out there looking for an amazing black bean soup recipe, you need not look any further!!
- 2 (907.18 g) can black beans, undrained, divided
- 236.59 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml bottled minced garlic
- 453.59 g jar chunky salsa
- 19.71 ml lime juice
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 78.07 ml plain yogurt (optional)
- fresh cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- PLACE 1 can of beans with liquid and broth in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Coat large saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- ADD blended bean mixture, remaining beans and liquid, salsa, lime juice, cumin and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve topped with yogurt. Garnish with cilantro.