Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A fiesta of flavors serve with tortilla chips or corn bread for a filling meal.
Make and share this Black Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (907.18 g) can black beans, undrained, divided
- 236.59 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml bottled minced garlic
- 453.59 g jar chunky salsa
- 19.71 ml lime juice
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 78.07 ml plain yogurt (optional)
- fresh cilantro leaves
- PLACE 1 can of beans with liquid and broth in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Coat large saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- ADD blended bean mixture, remaining beans and liquid, salsa, lime juice, cumin and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve topped with yogurt. Garnish with cilantro.
I loved this soup! I had pinto beans that I had cooked earlier in the week, so I used those. I also added about 1/2 c corn to the mixture. I will make this often as it is economical and very satisfying. Thanks for sharing.
My husband loved the soup! I added a pinch of sugar to combat the tomato acid, but followed it to a T from there. I made cornbread, but my own personal preference would be Cuban bread to dip in the soup. Easy to make and easy on the waistline. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
This recipe was so simple and fast, but most importantly, it was delicious! Love it! I used a can of diced tomatoes with chiles in place of the salsa. I also added a little salt as my pot was a little bland. Will definitely make again and again!