Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This a easy, delicious recipe that my friend Sarita who was born in Cuba gave me. Using canned beans, well drained and well rinsed makes it both delicious and easy. Try it I am sure that you will like it.
- 30 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (or 1/2 cup water with 2 boullion cubes)
- 1 (11 ounce) can canned corn niblets, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lime, juice of
- hot sauce
- Put all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Stir gently.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
I like this soup, but made a few changes and might make some others the next time I make it. I accidentially left out the chilies and I only added 1 tbsp of chili powder (thought 2 sounded like A LOT). Tasted it and added another half cup of chicken broth because I thought it was pretty spicy. Eating it for lunch now, I think I would have been fine had I added the chilies, but I think next time I will add another 15oz of black beans. I really like the splash of lime juice!