A warming filling soup that's packed with flavour makes a simple supper. I always use Sharwoods sauce they do a 195g bottle which is perfect for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g soba noodles
- 400 g green cabbage or 400 g spring greens, shredded
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch spring onion, in 2 cm length
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes
- 3 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 160 g black bean sauce
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g cashew nuts, toasted
- toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- 1Cook the noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes Add the cabbage and cook for 1 minute. Drain and set aside, keeping warm.
- 2Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onions and cook for 2 minutes Add garlic, chilli, ginger, soy, stock and black bean sauce.
- 3Bring the pan to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes Add cashew nuts.
- 4Spoon the noodles into bowls an ladle over the soup. Top with the toasted sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Japanese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Japanese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Soba Soup
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.7
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 840.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean sauce