Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A warming filling soup that's packed with flavour makes a simple supper. I always use Sharwoods sauce they do a 195g bottle which is perfect for this.
- 250 g soba noodles
- 400 g green cabbage or 400 g spring greens, shredded
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch spring onion, in 2 cm length
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes
- 3 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 160 g black bean sauce
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g cashew nuts, toasted
- toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes Add the cabbage and cook for 1 minute. Drain and set aside, keeping warm.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onions and cook for 2 minutes Add garlic, chilli, ginger, soy, stock and black bean sauce.
- Bring the pan to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes Add cashew nuts.
- Spoon the noodles into bowls an ladle over the soup. Top with the toasted sesame seeds.
We added spinach instead of cabbage - right at the end for just a few minutes so that it wasn't too limp. We also added two handfuls of mushrooms along with the ginger and garlic. Delicious and quick!