Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was inspired by Kielbasa Casserole Kielbasa Casserole by Julie Leo. There isn't an easier recipe to make. Use whatever your favorite sausage. I used Hungarian Hot. Serve with crusty roll and green salad Enjoy Freezes well
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained &, rinsed
- 1 (5 ounce) canitalian tomato sauce
- 1 large fresh tomato, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I used ",Denzil's Kamikazi",)
- 1⁄4 cup sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 1 lb your favorite spicy smoked sausage, cut in bite size slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all the ingredients together in an oven proof casserole dish.
- Cover & bake for 1 hour, uncover and continue baking for another 1/2 hour.
I was inspired by this inspiration of yours and made a few changes of my own. I love the way recipes evolve around here. I used 1/2c hot salsa instead of the chopped veggies and hot sauce and 1T of brown sugar + 1T catsup. Oh so very good. Served it with hot tortillas. And one more thing,I mixed everything in the casserole dish it was baked in so clean-up was a snap!Thanks Bergy
Very easy to make, and versatile enough to last through several meals without tiring of it. I used regular tomato sauce, and I also used a drained can of extra-hot Ro-tel in place of the fresh tomato and it still turned out just fine. For me, the best part of this dish was rolling the leftovers up into tortillas with black olives, sour cream, cheese, and extra hot sauce. Yummmm!