Recipe by Tish
I was looking to add to our freezer selection for the "Non-meat days" Here is one I found in a net search that really is tasty. Serve with sandwich fixings such as lettuce, tomatoes, pickle, mustard on a good bun! (cooking time includes cook & soak for dried beans)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 -4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 6 cups cooked black beans
- 2 -4 tablespoons liquid amino acid (find in health food store)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet or pan, saute onions and peppers in olive oil, and chili powder and cook until just fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients, simmer briefly. Freeze in zippered plastic freezer bag.
- To serve, thaw overnight in refrigerator, heat through. Serve on bread or rolls.