Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Black Bean Sloppy Joes from www.lotsofkids.com.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Place onion and pepper in saucepan with water. Cook, stirring frequently until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- Mash beans with a bean or potato masher, leaving mixture a little chunky; do not puree.
- Add the beans and remaining ingredients to the saucepan and cook over low heat until warmed through, about 5 minutes.