2 hrs 21 mins
1 hr 21 mins
A heart and tummy warming bowl of chili.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless sirloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup seeded and chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (2 ounce) envelopes tomato beef soup mix (Knorr)
- 5 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Dry the sirloin with paper towels; sprinkle sirloin with salt and pepepr.
- 3Add the beef to the soup pot a few pieces at a time, browning meat evenly and removing pieces to a bowl when they are brown.
- 4Add in the onion, garlic, and jalapenos; stir/saute for about 3 minutes or until begin to soften.
- 5Add in the chili powder, cayenne, and cumin; stir/saute for 2-3 minutes (stir briskly to make sure spices don't burn).
- 6Return the beef to the soup pot; add in the soup mix and water, stirring to loosen any browned bits that may have stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- 7Bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium-low, and simmer, uncovered, for about an hour or until the beef is tender--stir occasionally.
- 8Taste the chili and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 9Stir in the beans; simmer 15 minutes.
- 10Serve chili in individual bowl with desired toppings.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Sirloin Chili
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.0
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 127.5 mg
- Sodium 570.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 47.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato beef soup mix