Recipe by AbbaGav
This is the sauce component I use for various Black Bean Sauce stir fries. Whether with chicken or just a variety of vegetables, this has worked well for me a number of times.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black bean paste
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- First stir fry the main ingredients you want (chicken, vegetables, etc). Set aside.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients.
- Pour in the bottom of the wok and stir constantly over high heat.
- Once it thickens, add back the stir fry ingredients and mix to coat. You can add a little extra water or soy sauce if it is too thick or you want to stretch it a little, based on how much stir fry you are making.
- The amounts shown here are generally enough when I'm making a main course stir fry to serve 2-3 people. Double as needed.