Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from a member of my fitness club
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice (from reserved juice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss and serve wtih blue tortilla chips which are higher in protein and fiber than regular white chips.
I tried this recipe while experimenting with different homemade salsas. This is very good; colorful with just the right amount of heat. The pineapple tidbits I used were rather large, so I cut each one in half so that the size was similar to the black beans. I also added a can of drained diced tomatoes.