Recipe by Feast Your Eyes!
Did you know that beans are BOTH a protein and a vegetable? Black beans, espeically, pack a ton of nutrients, like fiber, folate and protein. Get a healthy serving of these nutrients with this delicious BLACK BEAN SALSA recipe. It goes great with grilled meat or seafood, and with tortilla chips. Another delicious suggestion: Make a breakfast burrito of eggs, green peppers, cheddar cheese and this black bean salsa wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla -- What a delicious way to start the day!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) canof mexican-style corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 dash kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the first seven (7) ingredients; give a good stir.
- Chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour - To allow the flavors to 'marry'.
- Add the avocado to the chilled beans mixture and give a GENTLE stir.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the cilantro.