Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick, easy & good soup for lunch using ingredients I almost always have on hand. I use bouillon made with low-sodium beef bouillon powder.
- Combine beans through cumin in a blender or food processor fitted with metal blade.
- Process until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Heat in a medium saucepan over medium heat until heated through.
- Ladle into 2 soup bowls.
- Spoon a 1 Tbs dollop of sour cream on top of each and swirl gently.
- Sprinkle with sliced scallions.
I love this soup. It's so quick to make and has great flavor. I make my salsa using Mrs. Wages Classic Salsa Instant Mix and it gave the soup a little kick of heat. I topped mine with the sour cream and also with a little shredded cheddar.
Definitely easy to make. The recipe rides on how good the quality of your salsa is. I added one chopped onion and garlic. Next time I would add some cilantro and a little cayenne pepper. I blended most of the soup but still left some chunkiness for texture. Thanx for sharing!
It had really good flavor and my family gobbled it up. However, I think that next time I make it I will only process about 1/2 the beans.