Recipe by echo echo
A quick, easy & good soup for lunch using ingredients I almost always have on hand. I use bouillon made with low-sodium beef bouillon powder.
Top Review by LainieBug
I love this soup. It's so quick to make and has great flavor. I make my salsa using Mrs. Wages Classic Salsa Instant Mix and it gave the soup a little kick of heat. I topped mine with the sour cream and also with a little shredded cheddar.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup thick or chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallion
- 2 teaspoons chopped green chili peppers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beans through cumin in a blender or food processor fitted with metal blade.
- Process until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Heat in a medium saucepan over medium heat until heated through.
- Ladle into 2 soup bowls.
- Spoon a 1 Tbs dollop of sour cream on top of each and swirl gently.
- Sprinkle with sliced scallions.