Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this in Parenting magazine and posted for nutrition info.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces salsa
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole grain buns
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, for topping
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in the beans, salsa, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, cumin, and salt.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spoon onto buns. Top with cheese and serve.
I love this! It has become my go-to dinner when I am in a rush or don't have time to go grocery shopping. I love that it uses ingredients that I always have on hand, and it is super fast and easy. I love making it with hot salsa and extra garlic! Yum, thanks for posting!