Recipe by kitchengrrl
This is based on a recipe I found in the prize tested recipes page of Better Homes and Gardens years ago. I doubled the recipe so that it uses a whole can of black beans. It's fast and easy, a great OAMC, since you can pull frozen patties from the freezer and have them ready to eat in 6 minutes if you have a Foreman Grill. A delicious way to sneak veggies into your burger!
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup fire-roasted chunky salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop garlic in blender, then pour in salsa, 2/3 of black beans, and seasonings.
- Blend till smooth, then pour into large mixing bowl.
- Stir in remaining whole black beans, then gently work mixture into ground beef.
- Form into patties and grill, or layer with wax paper and freeze. Cooks from frozen on Foreman Grill in 6 minutes.