Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I didn't know what to call this so I called it Black Bean Salsa. This is a VERY good salsa and SO easy to make. It makes A LOT of it as well. So it's good for cookouts and dinners. My mom got this recipe from a friend and we made this together that night. It was mandatory that we got to the grocery store to get the ingredients for this. I absolutely loved it! I also find that it's very healthy and high in fiber. I enjoy my salsa with some WOW tortilla chips. . . or even on an egg omelette. My mom and I nearly ate half of it before we even chilled it. Or you can put it this way.. . we went through a whole bag of tortilla chips. lol. Enjoy! (I do not know how many servings this makes, all I know is that it makes a WHOLE lot of salsa. And the prep time is estimated)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup diced red peppers or 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced onion (I used a red onion)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and chill.
- It gets better as it's chilled in the refrigerator.
Very good, very easy, makes a bunch. We had it with grilled fish and meat over the course of three meals. I will definitely make it again.
Excellent! Exactly what I was looking for. A local grocery store sells this at 5.99/lb. I made it exactly as written except I used fresh corn and it tasted fantastic. Perfect for big get togethers and so easy to put together. Love it, thank you!
This is great! I needed something to take to a cookout and this fit the bill perfectly. I made as directed, but used canned shoepeg corn because I didn't have frozen corn on hand. I also added fresh guacamole in the center of the bowl of salsa. This is a keeper!