Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I usually always keep this in the refrigerator. My afternoon pick-me up.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- tortilla chips
- Drain tomatoes, reserving juice.
- Cut up tomatoes and put in a bowl.
- Add reserved juice, beans, green chiles, onion, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste, and olives.
- Mix ingredients well.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Whoo-Hoo!! We went berserk over your salsa recipe. Just the right amount of "hot" for our tasters. All the ingredients seemed to be in proper proportion. I served this with warmed tortilla chips. Thanks Nurse di.
Such a tasty treat. This is great with so many things. Thank you NurseDi!