Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salsa is not your typical salsa. It is wonderful when made ahead and allow flavors to blend. Serve with a sturdy chip! We love Tostito Gold chips, they are hearty to handle this salsa. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 2 cups black beans
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt (I use Sea Salt)
- Mix all the ingredients together except for the limejuice.
- Add the limejuice immediately before serving.
- To reduce fat and calories, serve with baked tortilla chips, toasted pita triangles, or fresh vegetables.
This was a nice black bean salsa...but it really did need salt...of course once I added it, it wasn't low sodium anymore...but it sure improved the taste...I have some left and I'm going to throw some chopped onion in it...next time I plan to use jalapeno instead of the chilies because my family enjoys the heat...made for My 3 Chef's tag game...:)