Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I always, always get compliments on this. Even when it's up against other appetizers you'd think everyone would rave about (think bacon wrapped), this one seems to be the favorite. Very filling, colorful and tasty. Great for - barbeques, superbowl parties, just having a few guests over for beers or margaritas or bring to a big appetizer spread. If you're lucky to have leftovers, just add cheese and tortillas for delicious quesadillas.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans with cumin and lime juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- Drain, but don't rinse the seasoned black beans.
- Toss avocado pieces with lime juice. This keeps the avocado from browning.
- Combine avocado with lime juice, beans, corn, onion, salsa, taco seasoning, garlic, cilantro, roasted red peppers and jalepeno.
- Mix until seasoning is absorbed and mixed through (this will happen mainly as a result of the salsa).
- Be sure to let chill over night, this allows for the flavors to meld.
- Serve with chips and watch it disappear!
- **You can do 2 cans of black beans for a larger portion but I recommend adding one can and seeing what it yields first.**.
- Also, if you can't find seasoned canned black beans, just buy the plain and add more lime and possibly taco seasoning - to your tastes.
Made two versions of this salsa, one with avocado & the full measure of jalapeno & the other without the avocado & barely half of the chili (since I'm not to fond of either one)! Both seemed well enough recieved, so another time I'll be making the 'without-&-reduced' version! A very tasty salsa however it's made! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]