Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe a while ago and decided to include it here so I wouldn't forget it.
Make and share this Black Bean Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole corn
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 dash salt
- Drain and rinse both cans. Place in bowl.
- Next, add rest of ingredients, and mix throughly.
- Serve room temperature.
- Don't worry about keeping leftovers, the avocado gets mushy when stored overnight.
I followed this recipe right on down & was even able to use some Mexican oregano that I had on hand & it all came together very nicely! The one thing I did a little differently, though, was to tone down on the avicado (used just half of one! Thanks so much for posting it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the FAMILY PICKS par of ZWT5]
Easy to make. Nice Balance of ingredients. Instead of 1 jalapeno, I used 1/2 jalapeno and 1/2 serrano pepper. I also added a little cumin and used mexican oregano. Made for ZWT5 for the Genies of Gourmet.
This was a big hit, everyone loved it. Easy to make. This is a keeper. Thank You. Made for ZWT 5, Family Pick-Sultans of Spice.