Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are many black bean salsa recipes listed on here, but I didn't see any quite like this. This is a wonderful recipe that was given to me several years ago by a friend. I always double and it's still gone in a flash at get-togethers and I get asked for the recipe every time. You can always add more of the ingredients that you really like (I always add more lime juice & garlic). We like to serve with tortilla chips or pita chips, but it's also a great relish over chicken or fish. I also sometimes make this to mix with rice. Enjoy!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients & mix well.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Prep time doesn't include chilling time.
I made this yesterday to go with our smoked beef tacos and it worked perfectly. It was a nice cool addition to the hot and spicy tacos. I made as posted except I subbed fresh parsley for the cilantro ~ personal preference. Thanks for posting!