Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
There are a number of black bean salsas already posted on 'zaar but not one like this. Cook time is chill time.
- 2 cups canned black beans or 2 cups cooked dried black beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and stir well. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes. Yield: 3 cups. Allow about 1/4 cup as a serving, makes about 12 servings.
I made this for DH (he's the spicy guy!) and he loved the flavor and the spice. For him it had too many beans and not enough red pepper, onion or cucumber so next time I would up those amounts. I used V-8 picante for the tomato juice.