Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From my mother.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (17 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Taste and add salt, pepper, or more lime juice as necessary.
- Serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer, or with grilled chicken breast as a meal.