Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick and tasty dinner that is also super healthy. Pickled jalapenos, cilantro and avocado really add flavor to the simple canned salmon and beans served atop your own crispy-baked tortilla. Serve with brown rice cooked with salsa, or your version of Spanish rice. From Eating Well.
- 8 corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1 (7 ounce) can boneless skinless salmon, drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno pepper juice, from the jar
- 2 cups packaged coleslaw mix or 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 scallions, chopped
- lime wedge (optional)
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat oven to 375°F
- Coat tortillas on both sides with cooking spray.
- Place oiled tortillas on 2 baking sheets.
- Bake, turning once, until light brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Combine salmon, avocado, and jalapeños in a bowl.
- Combine cabbage, cilantro, and the pickling juice in another bowl.
- Process black beans, sour cream, salsa, and scallions in a food processor until smooth; transfer to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on High until hot, about 2 minutes.
- To assemble tostadas, spread each tortilla with some bean mixture and some salmon mixture and then top with the cabbage salad.
- Serve with lime wedges, if desired.