Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A really different but flavorful bean salad recipe given to me by a friend at work. We usually have it as a side with chicken or fish but it might make a nice vegetarian meal. Hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sun-dried tomato (not in oil)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can black beans
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup feta cheese
- salt & pepper
- Combine sundried tomatoes, mustard & honey.
- Whisk in vinegar & oil.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- In another bowl, combine beans, pepper & onions.
- Toss with dressing.
- Mix in feta cheese (or I usually just sprinkle some on top of each serving).
This is a delicious black bean salad - loved the tangy taste from the balsamic and dijon mustard. I did not have sundried tomatoes on hand, but had a jar of sundried tomatoes, lime and jalapeno which worked beautifully. Love the way this sauce livens up the black beans. Will definitely make again and it is going in my Best of 2012 recipes. Made for Fall PAC, 2012.