Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A light & refreshing summer salad - takes a little time to get everything chopped, but it's definitely worth it in the end.
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 ear fresh corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 59.14 ml diced red onion
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 118.29 ml cilantro, chopped
- 29.58 ml shallots, minced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 limes, zest of
- 133.10 ml fresh lime juice
- 59.16 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 9.85 ml salt
- Combine all ingredients, except avocados, in a large bowl and mix well. Toss with desired amount of dressing.
- Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight. Right before serving, add avocados and mix gently, being careful not to mash avocados.
- Serve at room temperature.