Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light & refreshing summer salad - takes a little time to get everything chopped, but it's definitely worth it in the end.
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 ear fresh corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 59.14 ml diced red onion
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 118.29 ml cilantro, chopped
- 29.58 ml shallots, minced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 limes, zest of
- 133.10 ml fresh lime juice
- 59.16 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 9.85 ml salt
- Combine all ingredients, except avocados, in a large bowl and mix well. Toss with desired amount of dressing.
- Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight. Right before serving, add avocados and mix gently, being careful not to mash avocados.
- Serve at room temperature.
Wow! This was great. Light and fresh and perfect for summer. Don't skimp on the fresh corn, the fresh taste and crunchy texture are what makes this recipe. It's really pretty, too. Colorful.