Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick salad that I often used as a meal when I was a vegetarian. Quick, cold, one-meal dishes are great for the summer because they can be put together whenever you have time, and then even served at room temperature
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into short thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup crumbled feta or 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup goat cheese
- Combine the beans, red bell peppers, vinaigrette, and parsley in a mixing bowl and toss well.
- Divide the salad among individual plates or shallow bowls.
- Top each serving with some of the feta cheese.
Amazingly good for a recipe with so few ingredients. Try it, this is terrific.
I needed a quick salad, using stuff I had on hand, to go with our burgers tonight and this was perfect. I halved the recipe and used a 1/2 red pepper I had in the fridge and cilantro instead of parsley. For the vinaigrette, I used Bev's Parmesan Balsamic Vinaigrette #54716, along with a dash of Tabasco. The feta that I had on hand had basil and tomato in it, which added another tasty twist to this. This is a very satisfying, quick and easy to make, black bean salad and we enjoyed it very much. Thanks for the recipe Tish!