Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is my my hippie college roommate's famous salad. I'll admit it looks gross but it really tastes VERY good! Cook time is marination.
- 3 cups cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 -4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, in chunks
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- Combine black beans, oil, vinegar, parsley, and scallions and marinate a minimum of 1 hour.
- (Overnight is best) Before serving add feta, tomatoes and green peppers.
VERY, VERY good, We love black beans, and like salads like this one. My DH loves Feta cheese. So this salad really filled the bill. I let it marinate for 5 hours. Very good. Thanks for posting the recipe Stacy.
Thanks for such a great tasting salad. Our grocery always has fresh black beans in the reduced bin--this is a good recipe to take advantage of extremely cheap beans. Stacylu, how can you say this dish looks gross? I thought it looked beautiful and tasted wonderful! I'm not crazy about parsley, so added a little less. The feta is the perfect finishing touch. So much going for this salad--low carbs, high fiber to boot! Thanks for sharing.
I made this only about an hour before dinner so it didn't have time to marinate long, but it was still absolutely delicious. I substituted cilantro for parsley since that's what I had, and used canned tomatoes. Yum! We'll be making this salad again!