Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I served this warm on tortillas with smoked cheddar cheese. It is good cold after sitting over night too. This might be good over rice too. Be generous with the chili powder!
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1⁄2 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- In a serving bowl, place the beans and corn.
- Add onion, garlic, spices, lemon juice, cilantro and salt.
- Toss to combine.
- Shortly before serving, add the avocado and diced tomato.
Very good. Added diced jalapenos, used lime juice and zest, drizzled with olive oil, skipped the salt and added pepper. Chilled the salad for 1 hour and did enjoy very much on a bed of fresh garden greens topped with green onions sliced thin.
This was nice but I think lime juice and vinegar is preferable to lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice just didn't seem to be nearly enough. Some oregano would have been tasty too. This was just too mildly flavored for me. I did only add a teaspoon of chili powder, maybe more would have improved this. I also added small, sweet grape tomatoes instead of dicing a whole one. Good base, just needs to be flavored up a bit more. Thanks!