gingerkitten D's Note:
This is a salad that can be EASILY thrown together very quickly for a healthy and tasty side dish. I fixed mine with ratherbeswimmin's grilled shrimp and it was a super combination! It is supposed to be a quick recipe, hence the canned tomatoes and beans, but if you make it fresh I am sure it will be even better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Mix beans, tomatoes, corn, and cilantro together in a large bowl.
- 2In a small bowl or jar with lid, mix lime juice, garlic, spices, and oil until well mixed.
- 3Pour over bean mixture and refrigerate at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Overnight is even better, though.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Salad (Or Salsa)
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.5
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 441.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 12.7 g