Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a salad that can be EASILY thrown together very quickly for a healthy and tasty side dish. I fixed mine with ratherbeswimmin's grilled shrimp and it was a super combination! It is supposed to be a quick recipe, hence the canned tomatoes and beans, but if you make it fresh I am sure it will be even better!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Mix beans, tomatoes, corn, and cilantro together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or jar with lid, mix lime juice, garlic, spices, and oil until well mixed.
- Pour over bean mixture and refrigerate at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Overnight is even better, though.
This was great, but my husband only gave it 3 stars, so I am overriding him. I added fresh zucchini and it was just right. Since the salad tastes good at room temp, it works as a tasty work lunch as well. Thanks.