Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A wonderfully refreshing salad. We serve this as a side to our Chicken Enchiladas (Chicken or Turkey Enchiladas). I originally found this recipe in LIGHTSTYLE magazine several years ago. (Cook time is for refrigeration.)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup yellow sweet pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup green sweet pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro (or substitute flat leaf parsley)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine beans, sweet peppers, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper in a large bowl.
- For dressing, combine lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste and stir into bean mixture to evenly coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled.
I made this for DH's birthday and it was good. I doubled the recipe and the extra kept well in the fridge til the following day. thanks for posting. :o)
Great. Try it with lime juice for a real zing. Thanks for sharing this one.
Excellent side dish. Wonderful blend of flavors. My guests don't like spicy so I left out the jalapeno peppers. Served with Sonoran Rice #16671 and Shrimp Kabobs #19828.