Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
Found on the "Simply Recipes" website. An excellent salad for summer time or a pot-luck. Cooking time is chilling time. I didn't have cilantro so used parsley instead. Also didn't have quite the required amount of corn, but it all tasted very nice. Chilled it for about an hour before serving.
- 390 g black beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped, not seeded
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, onions, jalapeno chili peppers, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, basil, lime juice and olive oil.
- Add sugar and salt and pepper to taste. (The sugar will help balance the acidity from the tomatoes and lime juice.) Chill before serving.