I could live off this salad. It's satisfying, delicious, and healthy! I make a big batch on Sunday and eat it for lunch all week. Great way to put veggies in your diet while enjoying it! And it's easy and quick to prepare. I've also made this and served it at various potlucks, and have always gotten rave reviews and requests to bring it again next time.
- 1 minced red onion
- 2 -3 medium garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 (15 ounce) candrained and rinsed black beans
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 2 -3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and serve. This salad will keep for a couple of days and gets more flavorful if you let it marinate in the refrigerator for awhile.